Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Presentation Comments

Overall, my presentation went as planned and I tried my best, so I was pretty happy with my presentation. I would give myself 28/30 because even though I had my speech memorized verbatim, I did not use as much dramatic emotion or hand gestures as I had hoped to do. I also didn't really connect with the audience's emotions, like make the audience laugh/cry. (For these reasons, -2 points for enthusiasm) I was really proud of the way I was able to memorize my speech. I have never really done anything where I had to memorize a speech that long before, so I personally think I did very well for my first time! But to do that, I just took my own advice: practice makes perfect! I also liked the way I was able to interact with the audience, like have them pat on their legs to demonstrate the difficulty of playing two separate rhythms at the same time. I liked the animations and transitions in my power point because I thought they added some excitement instead of just going from one picture boringly to the next. I liked how I was able to project my voice so everyone could hear me (at least I felt like I projected my voice...no one told me they couldn't hear me, so I assume I was loud enough?) because speaking loud enough is something with which I often have difficulty in big presentations like this one. Finally, I liked how I sincerely tried my best and presented as well as I possibly could. I literally told myself before the presentation that I already know the speech and the power point is already made and "I know this. Why am I scared?" After I told myself that, I was able to just present, and put everything I personally had into my presentation. (For these reasons, +28 points for everything else).

No comments:

Post a Comment